top of page


Here you will find local and state resources pertaining to stormwater issues or concerns across the Pigeon River Watershed.

What is an Illicit Discharge?

Water that contains pollutants, like sediment and pathogens, that enters a waterway via surface flow or a storm drain pipe. Examples are sewer line breaks, septic system failures, and grey water from homes (laundry) or carwash facilities. 

Reporting Illicit Discharges

NC State Sediment and Erosion Control 

  • Call: 1-866-STOPMUD

  • Please have the following information ready when you call to report an illicit discharge:

    • Time and date of illicit discharge

    • Location of illicit discharge

    • Brief description of incident.

Haywood Waterways Association

Town of Waynesville

  • during business hours:

M - F 8am – 4:30pm;

Town of Clyde

  • during business hours:

M - F 9am-12pm & 1pm – 5pm;

Additional Resources

bottom of page