top of page
Protecting Water Quality
in the Pigeon River Watershed
To maintain and improve surface water quality in the Pigeon River Watershed of Haywood County, North Carolina.
We accomplish this through two objectives directed at reducing nonpoint source pollution:
Educating and focusing attention on the watershed as a natural, economic and recreational resource to be conserved and enhanced for this and future generations; and
Working with public agencies, conservation interests, businesses, community groups, and public and private land owners to implement water quality improvement strategies.
- Tue, Apr 11Big Creek TrailheadWildflower Hike to Mouse Falls in the Big Creek Watershed of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Sat, Apr 15Big Creek TrailheadWildflower Hike to Mouse Falls in the Big Creek Watershed of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Sat, May 13Pigeon River OutfittersA cleanup float trip; cleaning up from your boat! Pigeon River Outfitters will provide free shuttles around town or upstream to get you started on your cleanup float. Tubes, kayaks, and canoes will be provided free of charge on a first come basis. You are also welcome to bring your own boat.
- Sat, May 20Jukebox Junction Soda ShoppeA moderate 6-mile hike in the Sunburst area of Haywood County. Shannon Rabby, Lead Instructor of the Fish and Wildlife Management Technology Department at HCC, will share his knowledge of local trees and woody plants on our way to a waterfall
- Multiple DatesMon, Sep 11CantonStudents across the county come together to learn about watershed hydrology, water chemistry, collect fish, collect aquatic bugs, and have a bunch of fun! We are looking for people to help with this program.
bottom of page